Monday 28 February 2011

Audience Reseach.

I have given the following Questionnaire's out to family and my own peers within my media lesson.  By giving them out to a variety of ages, I will be able to find out who is going to be my target audience of the genre I am working in.

Please state your gender?

Please circle the age catergory which you fall under.

16-20       21-31      32-50        50+


Do you like thriller movies? what do you like/dislike about them?


What would you like to see in a movie, that has not been shown in this genre before?


Would you prefer a male or female main charachter?


Do you prefer films that are psychological or films that make you jump?



My results where as follows:

Over half of the questionnaires handed out answered that they prefer psychological thrillers to films that make them jump. Many of whom who circled psychological thrillers where women. This may show that men enjoy the thrill from films whereas women enjoy the storylines.
Over 2/3rds of people said that they would prefer to watch a film with a women as the main charchter, I think this may be because it is not as common to have a protaganist that is a women.

No comments:

Post a Comment